Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Overhearing a friend

A good friend visited me in the pub last night.
this certain friend is the one who got me starting blogging.
after we talked for a while (interrupted by other customers all the time)
some friends of his came, and they moved to another table.
for reasons that are hidden within the depths of my personality
I could not join the conversation, but I had a real good time overhearing it.
I don't even know why I enjoyed it so, but as all the other customers left,
I poured myself some Tullamore Dew whiskey, smoked and listened for a long while.
it's been two double whiskeys until I freed myself from it.
Yep. Being passive is really good sometimes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendelina said...

I know what you mean about how it's satisfying to be passive sometimes...I'm like that too. I'd rather observe than participate a lot of the time, and I find that I learn a lot about people by just taking everything in. It's fascinating...

Thursday, 24 March, 2005  
Blogger THe BoGeyMaN said...

Thank you for your comment, Wendelina. the problem is that people cannot become friends if one of them is always passive.
I think being passive should be a break, not a way of life.
In my opinion symmetry is one of the most important things in a relationship of any kind.

Thursday, 24 March, 2005  
Blogger Wendelina said...

Yes, I agree with you that one can be too passive (obviously), and by being that way, force themselves into isolation. It's not healthy, but very tempting for me in a way (sometimes)...
Anyways, I came across your blog a few days ago, and I quite enjoy your philosophical perspective...keep writing!

Thursday, 24 March, 2005  
Blogger THe BoGeyMaN said...

And I always thought blogging is like shouting into an empty space.
Glad to read that, Wendelina.
And yes, balance, balance, balance.
Hate that.
:-)

Thursday, 24 March, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home