Monday, March 14, 2005

Police

Last night, at 3:00 am, when I was finally done cleaning the pub, and I was driving back to my apartment I saw a kid walking around, waving at me. I thought he needed help, so I stopped by, and he told me he needs a lift to the nearest taxi station.
I picked him up, only to be pulled over by a police car 20 seconds later.
the officer, dressed like a civilian started to look through my stuff,
asking me the same stupid questions over and over again.
I told him that I don't have anything illegal on me, and warned about the pack of "Drum Halfzware Shag" - handrolling tobacco.
Four types of rolling papers (Drum, Purehemp, Smoking kingsize and Smoking medium) alerted him and my knife (Columbia River Knives & Tools) even more.
after turning my bag inside out, and my car upside down, the officer radioed to the station and got permission to search my apartment. We rode there, leaving the kid in the nearest taxi station.
They didn't find anything illegal, but my knife. It seems that in a wonderful country like Israel it is illegal to carry a small pocket knife, but a handgun is alright. If I was in the woods, carrying a backpack, it was okay, he said.

Me, I don't mind the intrusion into my life at 3:30 am. I don't mind being treated as guilty until proven otherwise. I mind the fact that two 24yo police officers can enter anyone's home and sanctuary in the middle of the night, just because he had some rolling papers, and a good excuse to it.

I summed it up the next morning, that to avoid this kind of misunderstanding in the future, all I have to do is to change my car (looks suspicious) my job and working times, my hemp handbag, my clothes (look bohemian, in my grandfather's opinion), shave, stop rolling tobacco, and lose the knife.

Yep. All I have to do to stop being persecuted, is change myself completely.
but with a smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home